NASH Market Potential
The NAFLD/NASH epidemic, market, and treatment offer huge opportunities:
- About 40 million patients in the 7 major markets (G7) suffer from NASH.
- This is about 5.2 % of the population, of which 0.6 % progressive cirrhotic.
- The prevalence for NASH ranges from 37/1000 (Italy) to 72/1000 (Japan).
- The NASH market is estimated at $ 618M in 2016 and forecasted at $ 25B by 2026 in the G7.
- There are no specifically approved drugs for NASH, and there is currently no adequate treatment beyond dieting and body weight loss.
- This creates an urgent patient need for efficacious and safe drugs.
To optimize return on investment, Inorbit aims to develop candidate drugs up to Phase IIb stage, before offering them for out-licensing for further development and marketing. Inorbit will also pursue alliances at earlier stages, i.e. candidate drug selection stage. This will generate revenues to facilitate in house drug discovery and development projects, further mature the pipeline and reduce the need for additional investment.
Inorbit Therapeutics is currently raising 20 MSEK to finance completion of the IND package for our lead compound, the FXR agonist IOT022, and initiation of Phase I clinical studies. It will also be used for further maturation of our pipeline. The company offers an attractive investment horizon through potential IPO, out-licensing or corporate deal within 5 years.
InorbitTX is currently in advanced discussions with specialist and private investors but is interested in attracting additional interest to secure the full amount.
Inorbit Therapeutics welcomes established companies in the NAFLD / NASH field to discuss potential collaborations using the company’s proprietary technology.
If we raised your interest, please contact us to discuss the opportunity.